Hiking & mountain bike trails
- The nature trails in the forest on the slope of Stellenbosch Mountain are only a few hundred meters away to enjoy with leisurely walks, jogging or mountain biking.
- The Jonkershoek Nature Reserve with numerous hiking and mountain biking trails is also within comfortable reach from Montvue.
Enjoy wine tasting and tours at the many wine farms that surround Paradyskoof – all a stone’s throw away:
- Vriesenhof up Paradyskloof road – a real South African wine farm experience.
- Blaauklippen - a fully developed tourist facility with its 325 years heritage.
- Dornier and Waterford up Blaauwklippen Valley.
- Numerous other wine farms within 20 minutes’ drive from Montvue.
Stellenbosch has quite a number of exceptional restaurants to satisfy all culinary tastes and preferences:
- La Romantica Steak House and Jimmy the Fish are within walking distance from Montvue.
- Amazink Live : South Africa’s first Township Theatre Restaurant - Fine Cuisine, great entertainment.
- Other possibilities include La Pineta with a view on Table Mountain and Terroir on the neighbouring De Zalze Golf Course.
Stellenbosch: the historic town
Sense the heartbeat of the oldest town in South Africa with:
- A walk along Dorp Street – the oldest residential street in SA; Kerk Street – with the first church building in SA; tea and cheesecake at De Ouwe Werf – site of the oldest herberg in SA.
- A visit to the Village Museum where you can find the oldest restored house in SA called Schröder House – here you can experience how the burgers lived 300 years ago.
- Spend time at the children’s park, few meters from Montvue.
- Take your children on the Stellenbosch Children’s Route (for further information enquire at Stellenbosh Tourism Buro).
- Follow the R44 through Gordon’s Bay (Clarence Drive) towards Hangklip, Kleinmond, Hermanus and back over Sir Lowry’s Pass – one of the most beautiful drives you will ever experience in SA, or the world.
- Simply drive into Jonkershoek, or over the famous Helshoogte Pass towards Franschhoek.
Stellenbosch Golf Course and De Zalze Golf Course are on our doorstep, plus there is a choice of many exceptional courses within 40 minutes’ drive from Montvue.
Click on image to enlarge.